Problem with "Collections panel" disappearing in Standalone

Sorry, but I haven't tried to look this up. I don't know where to begin...

Using Zotero Standalone.

I have resized the main Zotero window many times while using the application. As displayed, the left hand panels for collections & tags occasionally get shifted to the right

When that happens I don't know how to get the panel shifted back so that is left justified.

Hitting the arrows with the dashed line in the left hand bound separator causes the whole left panel to "disappear". The only was I could figure to get it back was to close and restart Zotero.

I've also manually moved the left column divider manually all the way to the left. Occasionally the left panels "disappear" this way too.

By "disappear" I mean that the arrow heads with the dash line are not visible to "snap" panels back out...
  • I have resized the main Zotero window many times while using the application. As displayed, the left hand panels for collections & tags occasionally get shifted to the right
    do you have a screenshot for that? I don't follow.
    Hitting the arrows with the dashed line in the left hand bound separator causes the whole left panel to "disappear". The only was I could figure to get it back was to close and restart Zotero.
    you should be able to just click on it.
  • Next time it happens I'll take a screenshot. But in essence that is the problem. The two arrows with the dashed line "disappear" on the left hand side of the window and there is nothing to click on.
  • Ok here is a couple of screen shots stuck to gether.

http://s564.photobucket.com/user/herb1836/media/zotero_5.jpg.html

Going from left to right.

(1) Noted that collection list has shifted left oddly "out of bounds."

* Click on control with two arrows that have dashed line between them to shrink pane.

(2) Nothing to grab to open the pane again. !!!

* Close Zotero

(3) Zotero running again

* click control to shrink again

(4) On pane with correctly shrunk pane you can still the control that has two arrow heads with a dashed line between them. So now you can expand left panes.

-----------

When the collections were shift I also tried manually shifting the left pane left thinking that that would reset the display. But again, you loose the ability to grab onto anything to open the pane again.
  • What OS is this? Windows XP?
  • Yes windows XP professional, service pak 3. Firefox (21.0) and Zotero (4.0.8).
  • To try to be more clear, the problem starts when the collections shift within their pane as you can see in the left most of the four images.
  • Still trying to catch when the collections panel gets off centered. I'll be working and then notice it has happened...