right-click "paste & search"

There is currently a bug in Windows that a right-click in the Magic Wand search box won't allow you to paste. (is there a bug ticket for this?)

When this is addressed, I suggest you also add an option like that in the Firefox address bar, which has "paste" and "paste & go". So I would like Zotero to have both "paste" and "paste & search" for this search box.

I think that 95% of the time that someone pastes something into the Magic Wand box they want to immediately search for it, so this would be a UI improvement.
  • I'm almost sure it has been reported in another thread.
    Anyway, you can use the standard keyboard shortcut: ctrl+v . A "paste& go" option is not necessary in most cases since zotero "searches as you type" (the only exception is when the advanced search mode is enabled by enclosing the string in quotes - just press Enter in that case.)
  • Yes, the lack of right-click support in the magic wand is known.
    I wasn't even aware of paste&search, but of course the magic wand doesn't do search as you type, so once right-click works, paste&search would remove one click.
  • Oops, indeed adamsmith is right... I had the quick search box in mind, sorry!