Event place for Interview

For Type Interview is important information about place of interview. Is it possible to add this item to Zotero and mapped this item to CSL Field "Event"?
Thx
  • I think adding place to interview makes a lot of sense, but shouldn't we map that to event-place rather than "event"?
  • Yes, it will be better.
  • Has there been any change regarding this issue? I strongly agree with LiborA that an "event-place" would be highly useful for interview references.
  • All changes to fields and items are waiting on required technical changes coming in Zotero 5.0. That release had taken longer than expected. Once changes are possible, adding event-place to interviews will almost certainly happen
  • Thank you very much for the swift reply! I look very much forward to the release then (though I have to say that I am already really happy with Zotero as it is and truly appreciate the work that everyone has put in).
  • I'm on Zotero 5.0.55, but I still can't see how to indicate WHERE the interview take place. Is there a way to do it ?
  • maybe not clear from bwiernik's post above, field changes will be in the next major version _after_ 5.0, i.e. 5.1 or 6.0 depending on the naming.
  • edited September 6, 2018
    For now, You can add this to the top of Extra:
    Event place: New York

And it will get picked up by the citation generator.
  • Thank you @bwiernik

I've just tried, I typed exactly this :
    Event place: Lyon

Is there something wrong ?

I even tried to restart Zotero, but it does not write any place in the citation.
  • the citation style would have to be set up for it. Few probably are.
  • What style are you using?
  • Okay, the MLA style just isn't set up to handle interviews at all at this point, so the style needs to be updated. What should an interview citation look like? If you change the item to "Presentation", is it formatted correctly?
  • Well, actually, I've just checked, and it seems that in MLA a personal interview is just :
    Last Name of Interviewee, First Name M. Type of Interview (Personal Interview, Phone Interview, Skype Interview, etc.). Date.

So Zotero is doing exactly what it should, under interview. I should have checked before. For some reason, I thought that the place should be mentioned.
    What I did is I changed the title to indicate the place :

Sarclo. Personal Interview in Lyon. 19 Jan. 2018.

FYI, with "presentation", it gives me :
    Sarclo. Personal Interview in Lyon. Lyon.
    It means it is retrieving the information in the extra which you had told me to write... but there is no date.

So... I will just keep it as it is. I think it's a good idea to have the place in the title, though, because if I do several interviews of the same person on several dates, all the in-text citations are going to look exactly the same.

Thanks for your help. Sorry I didn't check before.