Zotero SA and Bookmarklet under Opera

Hello Zoteristas,

Maybe it's me, but I can't seem to bring the Zotero Bookmarklet to work with my Standalone version of Zotero, usind the Opera 12.14 browser. I dragged it to my Bookmarks, and when I hit it, the little box in the lower right corner of the screen is displayed, but has no text in it; and consequently no content is being imported into Zotero.
Any suggestions? Would be really helpful!
Cheers!
  • Which page have you tried this on? And is this with Zotero Standalone open?
  • I tried on several pages, on library sites, on webpages etc. None worked. And yes, I always had Zotero Standalone open.
  • So, to make sure we're looking at the same page - can you confirm it's not working here?
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Wealth-Nations-Adam-Smith/dp/1604598913
    I'd also be curious what happens if you try this with Standalone _closed_ (which should in general work less well, but it'd be a good test).
    Also, make sure this isn't just a display glitch and the items actually aren't imported. Check both your library online and locally on Zotero Standalone.
  • Confirmed, both with Zotero SA opened and closed, there is no import. And I really checked my library! The bookmarklet appears empty for five or so seconds, than vanishes, and that's it.
    What happened with the amazon site was that it forwarded me to sign in to the Zotero webpage and it imported the data into my Zotero online account, which I could then sync with my local SA version. But that does not work for the library sites which are my usual prey.
    In short: Still stuck here...
  • OK, so this works to the server but not to Standalone.
    We can look, but Opera desktop isn't something the bookmarklet is tested with. I know people who use it _love_ it, but you are a pretty tiny group...
  • Actually, for me it is more of a nuisance than a real bummer, as I usually introduce data via ISBN and the wand icon. But, of course, it would have been great if that were easy to fix. If that is not the case, no worries.
    Maybe the problem is even more limited as I'm not only one of those few Opera users, but additionally am running a Linux (ubuntu) machine. Maybe that comes into play as well?
    Anyway, thanks for trying!
  • Ubuntu by itself shouldn't be a problem - that _is_ tested pretty thoroughly - but it could of course be an Opera for Linux specific problem.