trouble regaining attached pdf. files

Hi, I just installed standalone on a new computer and synced with my web library. All posts are there, but I didn't realise that all pdf.-attachments weren't there. I have a backup consisting of all files in the old zotero directory from my old computer, including storage files and four files titled "sqlite". Is there a way for me to regain the lost pdf:s from my backup?

Weirdest thing: I also cannot originate the pdf-files that were actually included in the syncing. The source directory looks like this,
C:\Users\Lars Aspholmer\AppData\Roaming\Zotero\Zotero\Profiles\dr4ylcj3.default\zotero\storage
But under my "lars aspholmer" folder I find no subfolder titled AppData. There's an "application data" but it doesn't contain any subfolder named Roaming.
Hope i'm not too confusing.
Thank you in advance for any help.
  • edited April 21, 2013
    I believe the AppData folder is hidden by default (google your Windows version and "show hidden files" for instruction on how to show them).

You can just replace the storage folder under
    C:\Users\Lars Aspholmer\AppData\Roaming\Zotero\Zotero\Profiles\dr4ylcj3.default\zotero\storage
    with the version from your back-up.
    (to be clear: that's _only_ the folder called "storage" and its contents, not any of the .sqlite files or anything else in the "zotero" folder).

If you have access to a pdf file in the online version of your library (i.e. on this page under "My Library" they should sync to any computer you're syncing though.
  • Hi,
    I am rather new to all this and need some very basic instructions! I'm trying to link my zotero to drop box.I put this:
    C:\Users\abdi\Dropbox\zotero
    in the "base directory" box

What am I meant to do in the "data directory" location? I assume here I put in the Zotero file location.Except as above I also can't see the AppData folder. I basically just want to be able to view my pdfs in Zotero and I can't.

Help please!