Note taking while syncing is buggy

In Zotero Standalone 4.0.X in Linux (different flavors of *buntu and Mint, 64 and 32 bit) if I'm composing a note and the file sync kicks in, the last few words or even sentences I've written get erased and the cursor goes to the top of the note.

This is a minor bug in an otherwise stellar version of Standalone. But it is an annoying bug, to be sure!
  • I want to bump this bug. It's killed off hundreds of words of my notes over time, and it slows down note-taking; I have to wait until the sync is done to continue taking notes. This is a new behavior in ZS; it wasn't there in ZS 3.x.
  • edited August 5, 2013
    We've never been able to reproduce this.

Does it happen with file syncing disabled in the Sync pane of the Zotero preferences?

Also, are you editing notes in the right-hand pane or in a separate window?
  • edited August 5, 2013
    OK, actually, I just managed to reproduce this. I think it happens only when editing in a separate window, and only when attached files have changed, and only when you're actively typing.
  • That's exactly right. Sorry - I should have included those details.

I typically edit in the separate window because then I can pin the note window over my browser or PDF application.

Good luck in finding the bug in the code. And keep up the great work!
  • I believe this is now fixed in the latest 4.0 Branch dev XPI. (Feel free to try if you have a Firefox installation handy.) The fix will be in 4.0.10, which should be out this week.
  • Fixed in 4.0.10, available now.