Syncing with the new Zotero 4 doesn't fully complete

After a very long time, my (very large) collection finally started syncing again with the new version of Zotero, but unfortunately they never fully finish. Things progress quite nicely (and speedily) but when it is almost done, the green syncing icon keep spinning; the box says Progress 100%, but it seems to choke on a few items: in My Library is says 30.6MB remaining (10329/10330 files); and on one shared Group Library it says 1.1MB remaining (3098/3100 files). Restarting Firefox doesn't help.

-Stephan
  • (Report ID from the other thread: 188627427)

Have you tried disabling your other Firefox extensions? There's an error in there about another Zotero-related extension you have installed, though it might be unrelated.

Can you provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that hangs?
  • Disabled all other plugins. Activated debugging. Restarted. Same problem - D1302621090.
  • Did that reach the error before you submitted it? There's quite a lot of sync activity there, but it seems to be cut off in the middle of syncing, and before the info that I need. (It's possible it just got cut off somehow, though.)
  • I now waited for a long time before submitting the report. The number is 229876656. Does that one help?
  • That's a Report ID, not a Debug ID. We need the latter for this. And you really should only need to wait until you stop seeing progress in the progress bar.
  • Is this better - D1006013510? Also - it got stuck again, but on a different record in a different collection. So maybe it did manage to process the previous ones?
  • Better, thanks.

So I don't think this will fix your issue, but hopefully the latest 4.0 Branch dev XPI will at least fail with a proper error instead of hanging your sync process. Can you install that, try syncing, and let me know what happens? No need for another Debug ID at this time.
  • 4.0.6 is now out, so you can just try that instead.
  • For what it's worth... I have had the same problem, with Zotero's sync hanging up for days/weeks at a time. I finally thought to look in the error report, and saw several errors related to a Firefox add-in (www.upromise.com). As soon as I disabled this add-in and restarted Firefox, everything went smoothly and Zotero's long-stalled sync quickly finished.