Change/Update of "Archive" text

Dear all,

I've got a minor nuisance here: In my library, I manually created an archive (i.e. wrote something in the "archive"-field) but after quite a while realised that I included a typo, something along the lines of "University of Torono" instead of "Toronto". Now, if I change that, Zotero lists that as a completely new archive, and that's what I don't want.
In short: How can I change the text of the archive and have it displayed for all my items that already include it?
Thanks in advance for your help!
  • batch editing isn't implemented yet, so you'll have to fix this for each item invididually. Once you correct this for all items, you'll only get the correct version as an auto-suggest.
  • Too bad, that is something I'd definitively like in a future version. Another thought here: Can't I find that somewhere in the database and modify it manually?
    Thanks for the quick reply, though.
  • depends - if you're comfortable with stuff like that, you can take a look at this:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/dev/client_coding/javascript_api#examplebatch_editing
  • It is buggering me enough to give it a try; just one more question here: I'm using the standalone version, and do not have firefox. That means that I need another Javascript editor, doesn't it? Can I use whichever I want?
  • The problem is that you need a js console that talks to Standalone - I don't have a good suggestion on that, sorry.
    It's probably fastest to install FF and Zotero and have it point to the same database. You can always de-install it later.
  • Thanks again; I'll go for that suggestion.