Zotero does not remove initials from authors or recognize the same author

I am using Firefox 20.0.1 and Zotero 4.0.4. I originally discovered this problem when using a new style for Journal of Archaeological Science, downloaded from style collection at Zotero.com, but the problem now appears in different styles, as well. The problem appeared after I had to reinstall Firefox and Zotero on my computer.

The problem: Citations are not displayed correctly. Zotero includes first names and initials in the in-text citation (which is not consistent with the style I am using) and it does not recognize same authors. (I mean: The same author is listed several times in an in-text citation.) In addition, references are no longer listed chronologically.
Here's an example of what an in-text citation might look like now: (P. Berna and P. Goldberg, 2007; P. Goldberg and Berna, 2010; P. Goldberg et al., 2009; L. Wadley, 2010, 2007; L. Wadley, 2010, 1989)
And this is what it's supposed to look like:
(Berna and Goldberg, 2007; Goldberg and Berna, 2010; Goldberg et al., 2009; Wadley, 1989, 2007, 2010a, 2010b).

The style worked and the citations looked perfect before I updated everything. Could I have accidentally chosen a preference that contributes to this problem?