Developer question about notification system

Hi,
I have the following problem: When the user selects 'Send attachment to tablet', zotfile moves attachments to the tablet and assigns them the tag '_tablet'. Now I would also like to move attachments when the user assigns the '_tablet' tag directly (mainly using the keys for the color codes). I can easily do that through the notification system by implementing a notify() method for adding and removing tags. The problem is that the notify function also gets called when zotfile assigns the tag and not the user directly. So the user selects 'Send attachment to tablet', zotfile moves attachments to the tablet and assigns them the tag '_tablet', which triggers the notify function because the tag is assigned. But I only want that to happen when the user assigns the tag directly using the keys for colored tags, dragging items on tags or through 'Add tag'. Does that make sense? I can solve this problem by checking certain things in the notify() function but it is not elegant at all. Is there a better solution? Anyway to access the function from which the notify was triggered or something like that?

Thanks!

ps: I know that this should go to the dev list but I still can't post there. Google immediately deletes my messages and I don't know whether they anyone can see them.