ISBN Omissions

Hi

I've started using Zotero to help with my doctoral referencing and bibliography, and in general I'm very pleased with it. However, I've noticed that it can be very hit and miss when it comes to referencing ISBNs. For example, I'm trying to enter the ISBN for the Complete Psychological Works of Freud, and Zotero can't generate an entry from it. Typing '0099426668 isbn' into Google generates a number of search returns which correctly reference the book, and the ISBN works with a number of online reference generators, such as http://www.harvardgenerator.com/. Any advice or input would be welcome.
  • That ISBN works for me. Zotero uses WorldCat for ISBN import. So, check there first. If you have problems, a report ID would help.
  • edited April 11, 2013
    Hi, that's strange. I've searched in WorldCat, found the exact ISBN (0099426668) into >Add items by Identifier, and it generates the same problem - 'Zotero could not find a record for the specified identifier...'

You have managed to look up the edition using Zotero, using the same ISBN as me? Report ID is 196918691
  • (to be precise Zotero first tries the Library of Congress, then Worldcat).
    This should work, but I can replicate the problem, I'll take a look.
  • Cheers, thanks very much!
  • A translator fix is now up. Your version of Zotero will automatically update within 24hs, or you can update manually using the "Update Now" button in the "General" tab of the Zotero preferences.

Any further problems let us know & thanks for reporting
  • Hi

I've just updated Zotero and had a go - it now works. Thanks for looking into this!

Cris