OSX10.8, Chrome translator, no icons showing up

Hello,
As the topic states, I am not getting any icon in the menu bar on any pages, using Chrome and Zotero Standalone.

Date/time: 2013-04-11 16:22:35 Japan Standard Time
Using Chrome Version 26.0.1410.65
Mac OSX 10.8.3, build 12D78
Zotero Connector 3.0.8.1,
Zotero Standalone 4.0.4

No pages show any icons, including
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=cells

(Using the Safari and Firefox connectors on the same machine, the same page does show a folder icon).

- I went through these steps: clicking "Reset Translators…" both from Zotero Standalone and from the Advanced tab of the connector. After this didn't work, I removed the translators directory and reset again. My translators directory gets fully-populated after removal and reset, as far as I can tell.

- Despite this, under the "Report Errors" box in Chrome, I get this message every time on Chrome startup:

[JavaScript Error: "Missing property "translatorID" in translator metadata JSON object in undefined" {file: "chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/zotero/connector/translator.js" line: 403}]

- Clicking "report errors" generated the further message:

[JavaScript Error: "undefined is not a function" {file: "chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/zotero.js" line: 95}]

…but no report is generated (at least, I do not see any report ID.)

Thanks very much for your help.
Peter Carlton
  • Do you have a proxy configured on your system?
  • Yes, I do have a proxy configured; Chrome is using my system proxy settings and it seems to be working normally.
  • You may need to configure your proxy settings to allow connections to localhost. You can find instructions from another piece of software that are also applicable to Zotero under "Configuring the OS X Proxy Settings" here</>.
  • Thanks, that did it!
    (My proxy bypass list already had a "localhost" entry, but adding "127.0.0.1" in addition made it work.)