Attach a link to a directory, not a file

If I'm not mistaken it is impossible now add an attachment in form of a directory. I have many sources split into several pdf documents. And it would be handy to attach them as a directroy (containing all of them), not separalty each file.

Is it somehow possible?
  • No. But you can just add all the files as separate attachments. This has the added advantage that you can open the files directly from Zotero.
  • Sure, it is possible, but if I'he got a scanned book with tiffs for every page, these approx. 1000 images can be rather difficult to handle as separate attachments.
  • Then you probably should combine the tiffs into one (pdf) document. I too store scanned books into Zotero, and use this format. You could then use Acrobat Pro or some other software to straighten the scans and do text recognition so that Zotero would also index the files.

(If the scans are two pages each, you could use PDFScissors to split them.)
  • what mronkko says is definitely the way to go.
    If you really don't want to do that, you can just attach a link to one of the files. Using "Show File" in Zotero will then open the directory. For all purposes that seems like it'd be the same as linking to it, no?
  • Many thanks for your ideas! The original question was if it is possible, and I see that isn't.
    My workflow could benefit from having attached directories, that's why I'm asking about this feature and a possibility to implement it.
    The approach by adamsmith is very attractive, but in this case I cannot distinguish between a real file and a directory, so I need a separate marker for the type of the attachment (only one file or one of many).
    Thanks for your input!
  • How to get a scanned image into zotero folder ?

Thanks
    Ipsita