Tag field disappears after pressing Enter on a tag

This has been happening for a while, and is not fixed by a browser restart. After typing in a tag for a library item and hitting Enter, normally the cursor would automatically go into a new text field, awaiting a new tag to be typed in - however now it just disappears, which means you need to click the Add button every time when entering multiple tags.

Is this a known bug, or perhaps a "feature"?

Thanks!
  • I think you misremember this - this has always been the case and is intentional. If you want to start another tag press shift+enter (same for authors, btw)
  • Shift+enter doesn't seem to automatically create the next Tag field to type into..

I'm pretty sure that before the last update (or: a while ago), hitting Enter after typing a tag name would do just that though..
  • edited April 8, 2013
    fter typing in a tag for a library item and hitting Enter, normally the cursor would automatically go into a new text field, awaiting a new tag to be typed in
    This works for me (Win 7, Fx 20, Z 4.0.4)

Shift+enter creates a new, multi-line, field.
  • edited April 8, 2013
    Enter is supposed to create a new tag field, and does for me. Can you investigate further whether there are certain conditions that cause this to not work for you?

Shift-Enter in 4.0 (or pasting in multiple newline-separated tags) turns the tag field into a multi-line textbox that allows you enter multiple tags at once. (It's really there for paste, but it's accessible with Shift-Enter as well.)
  • edited April 8, 2013
    (sorry, my bad. FWIW, I experienced some tag weirdness in 4.0.3, which may not have updated on longtalker's computer).
  • Enter used to do that for me as well - not sure what caused this to stop happening. I would have been very suprised if the devs thought of this as a new "feature".

I am on Win XP, Fx 20.0, Z 3.0.14
  • That can't really be - Zotero 3.0.14 isn't compatible with FF 20. If for some reason it does work for you, there would potentially be all types of things broken. Do upgrade to 4.0.4 from http://www.zotero.org/download
  • Sorry, I actually had Ffx 19. Upgraded both Fx and Z to latest version, and tag problem is solved, works just like before. As ever, many thanks everyone for the prompt help!