Webdav syncing creates empty folders on Japanese file names (Debug ID D700620555 and D1172910276).

Since some time ago, I have a little problem syncing files with Japanese names.

When I sync a changed pdf file from Webdav server, I get the pdf file and some empty folders with strange names like SE9TSElLQVdBIEtlbmppIMOmwpjCn8OlwrfCnSDDpcKVwpPDpsKFwohfMjAwNl

I checked the zip file on the Webdav server, and it seems that the the names correspond to folders inside the zip file.

This happens in my Linux Mint machine (Debug ID D700620555) and Win7 (Debug ID is D1172910276).

Is there any way to avoid it?
  • I get the pdf file and some empty folders with strange names
    I'm not really clear what you mean here. Do you mean within the attachment directory in 'storage' in your Zotero data directory?
    I checked the zip file on the Webdav server, and it seems that the the names correspond to folders inside the zip file.
    What about on the computer where you uploaded the PDF?
  • edited April 1, 2013
    That second Debug ID came before the first right? In that one, I do see the PDF in directory DMM83N79 being created, supposedly with a single file, and in the first Debug ID I see it being downloaded and extracted with several folders based on the encoded filename.

Can you give 4.0 Beta 2 a try? In 4.0, filenames are no longer encoded within ZIP files (which was done to get around a Mozilla limitation), so it might fix this problem.
  • Thanks, Dan.
    As you said, it seems an encode problem. I tried 4.0, and it did not happen again.