Plugin Issue in LibreOffice: copying citations removes them from Zotero's control

I'm having an odd issue using the plugin for LibreOffice which has never happened before. For some reason, when I copy a citation from one part of a document to another, it breaks the Zotero formatting. The actual footnote will be a direct textual copy of the text of the original citation. A Zotero-managed citation has its text "grayed over," and previously, when I copied a citation, it maintained the formatting, gray overlay, etc. Now, copied citations are unavailable for editing or updating in Zotero. This is a huge speedbump for my research. I "hang" citations on an outline and then copy the notes plus citation over to the text when I am ready to write that part. It seems that I cannot do this any more; copying the citation breaks Zotero's control of it, so I have to manually re-insert the citation again. Interestingly, though, this does not happen when copying between documents.

I am using Zotero Standalone v3.0.14 and the Zotero LibreOffice Integration plugin v3.5.5

Here is a screenshot of what is happening: http://i49.tinypic.com/oky620.jpg

Citation 8 is the original, citation 9 is the result of copying it elsewhere.
  • that has always been the case and it is a result of the way in which LibreOffice/OpenOffice deal with reference marks (field codes are removed on copy&paste in the same document), so there is absolutely nothing Zotero can do about it.
    I don't know if you've worked with Word before (where this isn't the case) or if you've cut&paste or copied&paste to a different document (which works), but this issue has been present in LO/OOo for as long as I've used Zotero (i.e. since 2007).
  • Huh, well I guess I misremembered copying from one document to another as copying within a document. It's really odd that it works between documents but not within one... Anyway, thanks for letting me know. I'll try keeping my outline and draft in separate documents as a work-around.