.bib export changing default .bib-file name to "MyLibrary.bib"

If I export my library to a bib file zotero only offers my the default file name "My Library.bib". The problem is that spaces do not work in LaTeX if I include my .bib file for example using:
\bibliography{/Users/yourname/Documents/ZOTERO/EXPORTS/My Library.bib}
in the preamble.

This should be a simple and reasonable enough request, right? Otherwise, one always had to change it manually by clicking on the existing file... and the "My Library" name might work for other types and software, but "MyLibrary" would do so too...

Besides this problem, OS X shortcuts do not work for me. I made a shortcut using the keyboard preference pane for "Export Library..." and zotero even shows the shortcut behind the menu item - however, using the shortcut only makes "file" in the menu bar blink... is there any solution for, too?

cheers,
obsrvng_obsrvrs
  • hard to believe bibtex still hasn't fixed that. We can probably do that, though it may take some time. In the meantime, have a look at the autoZotBib plugin, which will solve this for you and create a one-click export solution for you.
    I have nothing on Mac shortcuts, maybe Simon knows.
  • thanks for your help! that was very helpful! I didn't remember that you could turn off automatic export (since for huge libraries it sometimes freezes zotero) and also use your standard translator...