error with site of Biblioteque Nationale de France (BNF)

Hi everybody i have some problem with the site of the Biblioteque Nationale de France the plugin for firefox of zotero it doesn'twork so i can not added the books from the their catalogue....anyone can help me? It doesn't work with firefox and also with google crhome....
  • could you specify what's not working? Just search results or also individual items? I can replicate the problem for search results, but individual items should work.
  • when i search a book or an article in the catalogue of bnf and i try to clik in the url icon i received an error "Known Translator Issues". the error is coming when i try to add a single item or when i try to add multiples items from the catalogue of bnf
  • try multiple times - if this is the same issue I'm seeing there is a good chance it'll work the 2nd or 3rd time. We'll look into it in the meantime.
  • i try but it doesn't work he said "Impossible to save the item, there is an error while you saving the item. See the commons errors of the browser of reserch to have more informations" adn wenh i clik i'm redirected to the page of the Known Translator Issues
  • I understand what you're seeing - how many times in a row have you tried this, though? Go here http://catalogue.bnf.fr/servlet/biblio?ID=36638427
    then click on the URL bar icon a couple of times - for me, the 2nd, 3rd, or fourth time this works. Is that really not the case for you?
  • i try many times but it doesn't work.....
  • if you want i can send you a picture
  • ....there isn't a solution? :(
  • « how many times in a row have you tried this? » (adamsmith's question above)
    I have to click three times in a row on the little blue book icon in the URL bar to add the item in My Library.
  • i try to click three times in a row on the little blue book icon in the url bar to add the item in my library but it doesn't work...he send me always the same message

"Impossible to save the item, there is an error while you saving the item. See the commons errors of the browser of reserch to have more informations"
  • I have also this errors in my standalone version... could be the problem? thank you....

[JavaScript Error: "TypeError: this._editor is undefined" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/bindings/styled-textbox.xml" line: 193}]

[JavaScript Error: "TypeError: this._editor is undefined" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/bindings/styled-textbox.xml" line: 193}]

[JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: Error connecting to server. Check your Internet connection."]

[JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: Error connecting to server. Check your Internet connection."]
  • no, those errors are unrelated.
  • thank oyu adame and have you any suggestions to resolve the problem?
  • currently not, no. I'm looking if it's fixable, but for the time being the best solution I have to offer is to use a different catalog like SUDOC.
  • edited March 31, 2013
    @adamsmith, looking at RAW packet data I do not see any difference between an HTTP request that returns UNIMARC data and one that fails, so there must be something magical going on server side with the session. We will probably have to do something similar to what we already do for APA PsycNET. Simply retry after failure.

Edit: BTW, this is also broken on their website. Clicking on UNIMARC tab only gets you results after second try (after clearing cookies).
    Here are the two requests
    Failure:

GET /servlet/biblio;jsessionid=BD234098CEC6FF154DAADFF8B0D57109?ID=36638427&SN1=0&SN2=0&idNoeud=1.1&FormatAffichage=4&host=catalogue HTTP/1.1
    Host: catalogue.bnf.fr
    User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
    Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
    Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.5
    Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
    DNT: 1
    Referer: http://catalogue.bnf.fr/servlet/biblio?ID=36638427
    Cookie: JSESSIONID=BD234098CEC6FF154DAADFF8B0D57109; xtvrn=$18798$
    Connection: keep-alive

HTTP/1.1 503 Service Indisponible

Subsequent, identical request results in success:

GET /servlet/biblio;jsessionid=BD234098CEC6FF154DAADFF8B0D57109?ID=36638427&SN1=0&SN2=0&idNoeud=1.1&FormatAffichage=4&host=catalogue HTTP/1.1
    Host: catalogue.bnf.fr
    User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
    Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
    Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.5
    Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
    DNT: 1
    Referer: http://catalogue.bnf.fr/servlet/biblio?ID=36638427
    Cookie: JSESSIONID=BD234098CEC6FF154DAADFF8B0D57109; xtvrn=$18798$
    Connection: keep-alive

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
  • We will probably have to do something similar to what we already do for APA PsycNET. Simply retry after failure.
    yes, that was what I was thinking as well.