Zotero hangs when attaching item to reference

When I manually attach an item to a reference in Zotero - such as a pdf-file - Zotero almost always hangs, demanding a restart. Upon restarting, the item has been attached and I can access it through my Zotero library.

I can't create a debug id, but i have a very long Console report. Would it help to post it?
Thanks for your help.
  • edited March 26, 2013
    Does it actually crash, or does it just freeze? If the latter, it will likely finish if you let it go. This is probably the same issue as in your other thread, due to your doubling of the default full-text index setting and the resulting size of your index (and, presumably, some very large attachments).

We'll be switching to a new full-text indexing system in Zotero 4.1, which will hopefully greatly improve full-text search performance. In the meantime, your best bet is backing up your Zotero database and either clearing the full-text index or changing the preference back to the default and reindexing (overnight, perhaps) to see if that helps. (If not, we can debug this further, but your index size is almost certainly the issue here.)
  • It freezes. I never tried to let it run more than 15-20 min, so I can't say if it'd finish.

I do indeed have some very big files and in a couple of different languages, of which some are in a very bad state. I'll try to change the index preference back to default and see what happens.
    Thanks for your help.