CMoS bibliography output in sentence case

Hi,
I have manually changed all by book titles to sentence case in my library. However, when I insert bibliography through the Word plugin of Zotero, it always shows all titles in the title case, instead of the required sentence case. Is there a way to fix this? Reading previous forum post is quite confusing. That's why, I'm posting again for help. Thanks.
  • CMoS requires title case, so Zotero automatically title cases CMoS bibliographies. An APA bibliography, e.g., would be in sentence case.
  • Thanks for your prompt response. You are right. Actually it's the Turabian Reference List style that requires sentence case. I've tried getting a bibliography output in sentence case by selecting the Turabian Style (author-date). But Zotero automatically changes my sentence case titles into title case in the output. Is there a way at all to get sentence case output? Thanks.
  • We don't have a specific Turabian author-date style - it just links to the CMoS one internally. Traditionally, Turabian has always followed the Chicago Manual, they're just one edition behind currently. I don't think we'll add a Turabian author date style (considering that it will just become outdated again once Turabian catches up with CMoS).
    There are a number of author-date styles that use sentence case, e.g. the American Psychological Association. The only other way would be to customize an existing style.
  • Could you post how to edit the current Chicago (author-date) style to change it to sentence style titles? I did this a couple of years ago, but it's no longer working. A colleague and I worked on this for a while, with no success.

Thanks!
  • essentially you remove all instances of text-case="title" and that's it.
    You can actually do a search&replace, replacing text-case="title" with nothing.
    The general instructions are here:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/dev/citation_styles/style_editing_step-by-step

Note that this will _not_ convert titles to sentence case. It will just leave them as they are.