Problems with zotero on dual boot

Hi I've been running zotero on a dual boot system using the same firefox profile directory for the data store.
It has been working fine for some time but now whenever i open the zotero pane i get the message "There was an error starting zotero".
I submitted a bug report #516994510.
Any help would be much appreciated.
  • More information that might help understand the issue:

I have dual boot system running windows 7 and linux mint.

I have configured firefox to use the same profile in both OSs and kept the zotero data store within this folder. This has worked fine for several weeks up until now.

In windows I have zotero standalone and the firefox extension installed. Zotero standalone works fine. But when I try to use the firefox extension (when standalone is closed) I get the error described above.

In linux mint, when i use the firefox extension it works fine.
  • [JavaScript Error: "NS_ERROR_FAILURE: Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIFile.lastModifiedTime]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translation/translator.js" line: 67}]
    This could be a permissions issue (though that should really be a separate error), due to security software, or some fluke relating to the dual-boot setup. You can try deleting the 'translators' directory within your Zotero data directory and restarting Firefox.
  • That seems to have fixed it.
    Thanks Dan for the amazing and consistently excellent support!