Missing delimiters in citation

I am trying to format the in-line citations as superscripted numbers separated by commas.

The attached CSL entry produces superscripted numbers but no commas (making it impossible to distinguish refs 1 & 2 from ref 12).
I am using MS word 2010.

<citation collapse="citation-number">
<sort>
<key variable="citation-number"/>
</sort>
<layout delimiter=", " vertical-align="sup">
<text variable="citation-number"/>
</layout>
</citation>

Any help would be appreciated. I have also tried putting the delimiter as part of the text element, with the same result.

thanks!
Paul
  • that should work.
    you realize that you need to enter those as multiple source citations?
    http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_usage#citations_with_multiple_cited_items

Different from endnote, Zotero does not merge adjacent citations.
  • Thanks very much, that was it! I had misunderstood how to enter multiple citations.
    A follow up question, arising from the need to update my document to contain multiple citations. Is it possible to turn a single citation to a multiple one using the word plugin? (it seemed to be necessary to replace the citation completely).
    Paul
  • unfortunately, currently you need to replace the citation.
    We should probably come up with a merge utility - Mendeley has one, e.g. - but that doesn't currently exist.
  • Thanks Adam. I think having an auto-merge would make sense too (maybe with an option to switch it off, although I can't see offhand why one would want to do that).