Drag and Dropping Citations Broken?

I'm using Firefox 19.0.2 and OS X 10.8.3 with the latest version of Zotero.

When I attempt to drag and drop a citation or bibliographic reference from Zotero into a Nisus RTF document it works for the very first reference (I get a green plus sign). After this Zotero will not drag and drop any more references (no plus sign). I have to restart the computer for it to work again, and then it will only drag and drop one reference before needing another restart.

I can replicate this problem when dragging and dropping onto OpenOffice too (so not just Nisus).

Working with the plug-in on Word 2011 and OpenOffice gives no problems.

The Debug ID is D1929105553.
  • First, upgrade to Zotero 3.0.14 from zotero.org.

If it's still happening, try disabling your other Firefox extensions.

If it's still happening, try changing your Quick Copy settings to see if that makes a difference.
  • Thank you for your suggestion.

I've upgraded to Zotero 4.0.3.

I've also upgraded FF to 20.0

And I'm using a different family member's Mac with OS X 10.8.3 to make sure it's not my computer.

I've also changed my Quick Copy settings, and I've disabled other add-ons.

I'm stilling getting the same problem: I can quick copy two items into a text document on Nisus, then it breaks. It stops working and the green 'plus' sign does not appear.

I cannot quick copy references onto text documents in other programmes (such as LibreOffice) once this happens.

I've generated a new debug ID: D980322587
  • Follow up:

When I quick copy to a text document in Text Edit it seems to work fine.

When I quick copy to LibreOffice it doesn't work - I get a white 'no entry' sign, rather than the green 'plus' sign.

When I quick copy to the main text window in a Nisus document it works fine, but when I quick copy to the footnotes window in Nisus it only allows two copies then breaks.

It appears to be something connected with LibreOffice or the footnotes box in Nisus that is breaking Zotero.