Username and password not accepted

Hello. I work on 3 computers and have recently received this message on 2 of them but not the third which functions normally.

"The Zotero sync server did not accept your username and password.
Please check that you have entered your zotero.org login information correctly in the Zotero sync preferences."
I have of course checked multiple times that I am entering the correct username and password (these are accepted on the Zotero homepage without problem). I need to sync these computers quite urgently so hoping for a solution. Thanks.
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that fails?
  • This is my Debug ID : D807074730.
    Thanks for your quick response
    Caroline
  • Caroline: Were these computers syncing previously without your changing any settings? Have you tried using your username in the Sync preferences instead of your email address?
  • Hi Dan
    Yes they were and yes I tried username and email.
    Thanks
    Caroline
  • The message tends to mean what it says, but it's possible something changed in your Firefox installation that caused it to no longer send the right login info. Have you tried disabling other Firefox extensions? Changing your password?
  • Yes I disabled the extensions but I'll try changing the password. THanks.
  • Report ID 1715211846
    Zotero still not syncing on 2 out of 3 computers.
    After clicking the sync icon I received the following error message “The Zotero sync server did not accept your username and password.
    Please check that you have entered your zotero.org login information correctly in the Zotero sync preferences.”
    I posted this some weeks ago and have not had time to follow up. I have since reset my password and the same thing is happening. I very rarely have time to deal with this and it is significantly affecting my work so I’d appreciate any ideas!
  • Are these computers behind some sort of proxy server?

Can you provide another Debug ID from Zotero 4.0.3?
  • The Debug ID is D766500709. Only the computer on which the syncing is working is on a university server, not the other two. Thanks.
  • And again, with your username instead of your email address?
  • edited April 6, 2013
    I mean another attempt that fails. All I see is a successful login of yours from a few minutes ago.
  • Hi Dan
    The computer I am working on is now syncing again (after 40 days of not). I don't know if that is something you did? If so, thanks a lot! I can't check the third one as that is in another country.
  • Nope—I didn't do anything on my end. But glad to hear it's working now.