Zotero 4.0 Scrollbar Issue

I would like to report an issue that I'm experiencing with Zotero 4.0a1.

Although I have more than 10,000 items in my library as a whole, the scrollbar initially appears vertically fully-stretched out such that I cannot scroll the list using the scrollbar. It shrinks, as it should, after a short while in proportion to the amount of items contained in the collection, but to have to wait half a minute or so for this is certainly not a normal behavior. So far it appears that this only occurs with the middle pane. Has anyone reported this issue already?

I'm using Firefox 19.0.2 under Ubuntu 12.04.
  • edited March 17, 2013
    It shrinks, as it should, after a short while in proportion to the amount of items contained in the collection, but to have to wait half a minute or so for this is certainly not a normal behavior.
    It shrinks on its own, with you doing anything, or does this happen when you try to scroll?

I haven't seen this specific issue, but I've seen a similar issue with the scrollbar in the Duplicate Items view, so that may be related. I'll see if I can manage to reproduce this. If you notice any other variables, let us know.
  • OK, actually, I can reproduce this easily with a large library. I'll investigate.
  • This—or the part of it I can reproduce, at least—actually exists in 3.0.14 too.

Do you see this when you first start Zotero, if the library root already has focus, or does it require your being in another view first?
  • See if this is still happening for you in the latest 4.0 dev XPI.
  • > Dan Stillman

Yeah, I think the latest build solves the issue. Thank you so much for the prompt response!!
  • And to reply to one of your comments, I had never experienced this issue when I was using Zotero 3.0.14. It started occurring as soon as I upgraded to 4.0.
  • (not that it's very important now that it's fixed for the forthcoming beta, but I can replicate the issue on 3.0.14 on Ubuntu and FF19 as well)