Unable to get PDFs stored on computer into Zotero Standalone

2»
  • Wow that is embarrassing. I had it in the Downloaded folder itself. Just moved it out into the right folder...and of course...it worked. You rule. Thanks again.
  • nah, it's unfortunate we can't make this work more smoothly, you shouldn't have to jump through those types of hoops to bring your data over (there's also still the goal of just importing from Mendeley via API or directly from the sqlite, though that won't happen very soon).

If you don't mind, could you tell me what went wrong with the tags during RIS import?
  • Sure, here is a sample of the RIS file that Mendeley exported...I don't even see the tags; when I imported the RIS, Zortero kind of just guessed the tags by itself. BibTex had it perfect.

TY - CHAP
    T1 - 4H - Mindfulness for Trauma and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
    A1 - Abouzeid, Marian
    A1 - Kelsall, Helen L
    A1 - Forbes, Andrew B
    A1 - Sim, Malcolm R
    A1 - Creamer, Mark C
    ED - Didonna, Fabrizio
    Y1 - 2008/01//
    PB - Springer
    JF - Clinical Handbook of Mindfulness
    VL - 72
    IS - 1
    SP - 33
    EP - 8
    CY - New York
    L1 - file:///C:/Users/Ezry/AppData/Local/Mendeley Ltd./Mendeley Desktop/Downloaded/Abouzeid et al. - 2008 - 4H - Mindfulness for Trauma and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder.pdf
    ER -
  • edited November 25, 2013
    I see - I'm surprised Zotero got any tags at all - maybe where you also had keywords in Mendeley.
    Lack of tags in Mendeley's RIS export confirmed here: http://support.mendeley.com/customer/en/portal/questions/4608755-export-the-field-tags-?new=4608755
    I'd consider that a bug.

edit: oh, and thanks for following up.
  • Mendeley file imports via BibTeX should be working now without having to edit the BibTeX file.