Error in WebDAV sync

I'm getting a repeated error on the WebDAV sync (error report ID: 774056673).

The error text is as follows:
[JavaScript Error: "TypeError: can't access dead object" {file: "chrome://babelmousish/content/bf.js" line: 162}]

[JavaScript Error: "Unexpected status code 500 for OPTIONS request in Zotero.Sync.Storage.Session.WebDAV.getLastSyncTime()" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/storage/webdav.js" line: 726}]

[JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: A WebDAV file sync error occurred. Please restart Firefox and try syncing again.

If you receive this message repeatedly, check your WebDAV server settings in the Sync pane of the Zotero preferences."]

Are my files actually still getting synced? I have a lot of files so perhaps I've reached some kind of upper limit on files (on box.com).

Any feedback appreciated. I'd like to clear the error so that I can monitor if everything is syncing ok.

Thanks,
Dave.
  • I should update that I've just realised that my WebDAV server has not seen an update since 21st December so I definitely have a problem here.

Thanks,
    Dave.
  • I have 5130 files in this WebDAV folder (all of which come from Zotero). They take up 2.6Gb. I can continue to create files using the box.com web interface but it appears that the WebDAV limits have been reached.

Any possibility of splitting WebDAV backups into multiple folders? I can't be the only one reaching these limits.

Dave.
  • Any possibility of splitting WebDAV backups into multiple folders?
    Not likely, at least anytime soon.
  • Am I correct in interpretting the javascript error as "when Zotero.Sync.Storage.Session.WebDAV.getLastSyncTime() is called it returns a server error number 500, which is unimplemented in the javascript code?"

thanks,
    Dave.
  • edited March 14, 2013
    No. A 500 is an unspecified error from the WebDAV server. There's nothing to implement in Zotero—this is just broken on the WebDAV server, and there's nothing for Zotero to do but bail.