cochrane library

I have read in the forum that cochrane was a supported site however the zotero connector icon does not show up when performing a search on this site. Any solution to this?

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/cochranelibrary/search
  • Looks like the Cochrane collection has been folded into a more standard Wiley page. We'll get a fix for this fairly soon-- it should actually make things easier on our end.

(aurimasv & adamsmith: I think that just fixing detectWeb and the regex will do it-- but my Scaffold setup is a bit broken at the moment.)
  • A translator fix is now up. Your version of Zotero will automatically update within 24hs, or you can update manually using the "Update Now" button in the "General" tab of the Zotero preferences.

Any further problems let us know & thanks for reporting

(technical note: I've not removed any of the old Cochrane code - it's likely redundant now, but we should poke around some to make sure that version doesn't exist anymore so we don't break things)
  • edited March 14, 2013
    Hi

Thanks for the quick response! The icons does show up now and it recognizes the articles, however when trying to add them to my library the error message shows up: "An error occurred while saving this item. Check Known Translator Issues for more information."

FYI I think the first time when I tried to use it before your fix, it just recognized a DOI from the site. after that the icon never showed up again.
    Now when the standalone program is closed it seems to recognize some articles as book chapters and puts it on my online library. but also here the error message shows up.
  • edited March 14, 2013
    Works for me.
    which browser?
    Which search terms? This is for multiple search results or individual articles?
    If the latter - URL?
  • Chrome Version 25.0.1364.172 m

Search terms: (silver silicone dressing OR silver wound dressing OR (safetac AND silver)) AND (leg ulcers OR foot ulcers OR pressure ulcers OR thickness burns OR exuding wounds OR infected wounds OR surgical wounds OR traumatic wounds OR malignant wounds OR antimicrobial action)

I try to get all the hits on the first page (7)
  • this definitely works on Firefox, and should work on Chrome, too.
    Could you try some things for me?
    Always working on that same search results page - try getting one, then two items only. Does that work?
    If it doesn't provide an error report ID from Chrome for that: http://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_bugs#provide_a_report_id
    If it _does_ work, re-trigger the error for getting all 7 and provide an error report ID for that.
  • edited March 14, 2013
    EDIT: two and three items worked now after some more attempts. select all does not work yet. will send the error report for this in a separate comment
    ---
    ok, getting one item worked.

with two items it attempts to download the first, then the error message shows, and none of the two is imported.
    Here is the error report that were in the options section after trying to get two items: (I haven't seen a specific ID)

[JavaScript Error: "Attempting to use a disconnected port object" {file: "miscellaneous_bindings" line: 58}]

[JavaScript Error: "Cannot read property 'href' of null" {file: "chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/zotero/translation/translate.js" line: 127}]

[JavaScript Error: "Cannot read property 'href' of null" {file: "chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/zotero/translation/translate.js" line: 127}]

[JavaScript Error: "undefined is not a function" {file: "chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/zotero.js" line: 95}]

here is the report when trying to download all 7 (seems to give the same errors, although i'm not sure the previous errors are cleared out, so those could be the identical ones.)

[JavaScript Error: "Attempting to use a disconnected port object" {file: "miscellaneous_bindings" line: 58}]

[JavaScript Error: "undefined is not a function" {file: "chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/zotero.js" line: 95}]

• thanks - I see what I can do, but this may be a Chrome page-loading weirdness that'd be hard to fix.
  • Ok thanks - btw the icon shows up already before I execute the search, on the blank search page. clicking on it directly produces the error message without opening the selection window. so it might recognize something on the page that it shouldn't and tries to take that along in the download? just speculating..
  • update: Haven's solved this yet, but this is what's not working:

(3)(+0000174): Translators: Looking for translators for http://ct1.addthis.com/static/r07/sh114.html#iit=1363466826118&tmr=load%3D1363466826070%26core%3D1363466826088%26main%3D1363466826114%26ifr%3D1363466826119&cb=0&cdn=1&chr=UTF-8&kw=&ab=-&dh=onlinelibrary.wiley.com&dr=http%3A%2F%2Fonlinelibrary.wiley.com%2Fcochranelibrary%2Fsearch&du=http%3A%2F%2Fonlinelibrary.wiley.com%2Fdoi%2F10.1002%2F14651858.CD002106.pub3%2Fabstract&dt=Dressings%20for%20superficial%20and%20partial%20thickness%20burns%20%20The%20Cochrane%20Library%20%20Wasiak%20%20Wiley%20Online%20Library&dbg=0&md=0&cap=tc%3D0%26ab%3D0&inst=1&irt=1&jsl=33&prod=undefined&lng=en-US&ogt=&pc=men&pub=&ssl=0&sid=5144da4aa15936e1&srpl=0.00001&srd=0&srf=0.02&srp=0.2&srl=1&srx=1&ver=250&xck=0&xtr=0&og=&rev=119860&ct=0&xld=1&xd=1

Zotero picks up a utilties (?) frame instead of the result when downloading multiple search results in Chrome. That has come up before, so we should be able to fix this.
  • Hi!

I was wondering if you have tried to fix this? I am still having issues with exporting from Cochrane..
    I shows the saving item window for the first few articles but nothing happens after that. I have a slightly different search string now if that's important.
  • edited April 19, 2013
    nothing new on this, no. There's a chance that you could get this to work with an ad-blocker installed in Chrome, but not sure.
  • I have Adblock installed by default, so that does not seem to help. I managed to get some of the documents when I save them one by one from "cochrane reviews". However on "trials" (selectable on the left menu when searching in http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/cochranelibrary/search/advanced) I get the error message even when trying to download a single article. the trials page seems to be different in some way.

here is the error report:

[JavaScript Error: "itemType is not defined" {file: "eval at <anonymous> (chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/inject/translate_inject.js:50:9), <anonymous>" line: 133}]
  • the trials issue is separate.
    We don't currently support that at all - if you follow the link to one of those items it doesn't have a URL bar icon. I can see what we can do - it looks feasible - but won't be quick.
  • Cochrane Trials should now work as well, though nothing new on the larger issue in connectors (trials may also not work right in connectors, where there's a problem with frames that should be fixed in the next connector update).

Your version of Zotero will automatically update within 24hs, or you can update manually using the "Update Now" button in the "General" tab of the Zotero preferences.
  • I tried using the extensions in both Safari and Chrome to export citations from the Cochrane Library. After I click on the extension link and select the resources, it shows "Saving" in the bottom right of the screen but then the resources neither appear on the web version or standalone app on my mac.