Publication titles downloaded via translators

Most articles downloaded via translators have titles that need to be edited for citation. I get "The Washington Post" whereas I need to cite "Washington Post"; in ProQuest, I get "The New York Amsterdam News (1922-1938)" whereas I need to cite "New York Amsterdam News."

For people who may download dozens of articles a day for research, cleaning up the titles after the fact is a huge waste of time.

Is there a reason why ProQuest translator should include trailing years of publication in parentheses? I can't think of one.

There is a ticket for stripping definite articles on export. This would be great.

In the meantime, in several cases when titles aren't automatically extracted from the database, translators themselves set the title with the definite article, forcing users to delete it after scraping manually, article by article (see for example scrapers for the Washington Post, the New York Times, and the New York Review of Books). It would be much more convenient to omit leading definite articles, at least in cases when the titles aren't automatically extracted, and when we know (as in the case of WP, NYT, and NYRB) that the publication is in English and "the" will have to be omitted.

There is currently no batch editing feature for publication titles. It would be great to add it in the future.