"Install extension" button has no effect in Zotero Standalone

Hi I recently upgraded to LibreOffice 4.0 on MacOS 10.7.5 as well as Zotero Standalone 3.0.14.1.

When I try to install the LibreOffice integration plugin via the Zotero preferences window clicking the the "Install Extension" button has no effect.

Thanks for your help!
  • Can you provide a Report ID?
  • I'm afraid not. Unfortunately the "Error reports..." item in the menu is grayed out.
  • Is there maybe a way I can invoke the installer manually?
  • you can try downloading and installing the xpi (via tools-->add-on --> install extension from file in Standalone):
    http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_installation
    though that shouldn't make a difference
  • Thanks. Unfortunately that didn't work either. Tools->Add-on->"Install extension" then only adds another version of the installer, but I still can't execute it. Clicking on "preferences" next to the add-on then leads back to the "cite" tab in the preferences window which contains the broken "install extension" button.
    Is it maybe possible to execute whatever the button normally should do on the command line? Or can I copy some files manually into some directory within the LibreOffice installation location?
  • you can unpack the xpi and find zotero.oxt, which you can install via Tools-->Extensions Manager in LibreOffice
  • Thanks, that worked!
  • Hi again,

I just updated to Libreoffice 4.1 and Zotero 4.0.11 (still on MacOS Lion) and noticed that the same bug still exists (i.e. pressing the "install extension" button has no effect). I again circumvented the problem by locating and manually installing the oxt file as described above, but I thought I should point out that the original bug still exists.

Thanks!