[MLZ] sync query, Report ID: 04ee7820

Dan,

I've untangled a library that corrupted on a user. We have recovered the references by exporting and reimporting, and it will sync successfully in a test account. However, the original copy of the library won't sync, and I'm curious about the cause.

When I do a reset to server, everything seems to process successfully in a reasonable time, but the sync ends with the stop-sign icon and the message "Please perform a full sync in the Sync->Reset pane of Zotero Preferences", with the Report ID in the subject line. Re-sync attempts (reset to server) end with the same message, and no data installed on the server.

We're good here as far as the project goes, but does the report contain any obvious clues to what's wrong in this original copy of the library?
  • Data for missing local creator 3SEF9GTM not provided
    That creator is referenced by an item, but the data for the creator isn't included in the upload.
  • Excellent, that's hugely helpful. The database may have been run in Dropbox; there were some duplicate creator entries that we culled out. This looks like related breakage.

Thanks!
  • The sync went through in a flash.

There was a creator from one library linked to an item in another. I'm not sure how that got in there, but I suspect that it was a side-effect of the database corruption. I've looked again at the code that inserts the links, and I can't see any way that it could happen through the client. Certainly dragging across libraries handles creators correctly.

Thanks again, this can be closed.