SSSAJ translation error

Please help,

I'm having issues with citations from Soil Science Society of America Journal. The in text citations are properly imported. In the case of 3 or more authors, the intext citation looks like this:
(S. Grunwald, Thompson, and Boettinger, 2011).
Where it should just be (Grunwald, et al., 2011).
Can someone correct this or tell me how to correct it.
Thanks in advance.
  • have you re-installed the style from the repository?
    Which version of Zotero are you using?
    The style should do this correctly and it should be impossible to get initials in in text citations.
  • Hi Adam,

I'm using Zotero 3.0.14 on Windows 7 64 bit SP 1, word 2007.
    I just re-installed the style from the repository and the still have the same problems with some citations. It only effects a small percentage of the publications, not sure why.
  • Could you double check the Zotero entries for those citations? Might be that the authors are entered incorrectly.
    How about if you insert that citation into a new document with no other citations?

Finally, could you try the "American Society of Agronomy" style from the repository? It should be equivalent, but maybe it'll make a difference.
  • I checked the entries, and they look fine.
    However, when I added these citations to a new, blank document, it worked correctly.
    Is this some formatting problems getting in the way?
  • no, that looks like the style not working correctly then. Try ASA as per above please.
  • Will do and thanks for the help.
  • Also, I should clarify that the style I am using is Science of the Total Environment. The paper I am having difficulty citing was published in Soil Sci. Soc of America (citation pulled form website).
  • have you re-installed that style then?
    The initial is because of this:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/given_name_disambiguation
    but you shouldn't get three authors with the most recent version of that style.
  • YEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!

Changing all the names to "Grunwald, S" (w/o periods after first name) worked.
    The name needs to be changed for every reference, even co-authorship.

You da man adamsmith.