Mark important articles in reference

Some authors mark important articles in their references, e.g. with an asterisk (*).

Since the references are updated frequently, I see no way to add them manually during writing. There could be another checkbox (like the "supress author" checkbox) for "important article", but i'm not certain if that would need a change in CSL styles.

Until then, I found that I could place a mark or bolden the text by manually changing the reference in the bibliography.
  • I agree this would be helpful. Not sure if this has been implemented now as this comment is quite old, but I just searched for this as I need to mark some references as "important" and "very important" with a star or dot next to them for a paper I'm writing currently.
  • edited 7 days ago
    Nevermind apparently the prefix just adds in the citation to the text, not to the actual reference. How do we add a prefix to the actual reference without editing the bibliography item? I'm currently working on a paper where the editor has requested us to mark specific citations as "important" (with a *) or "very important" (with two stars) within the bibliography. Any way to do this? Preferably I shouldn't have to edit the reference items in my zotero library. Thanks