Conflict with Firefox 18.0.2?

Ever since Firefox auto-installed this update, my automatic login to Zotero has ceased to function, which is a real nuisance as I am in the middle of a big writing project and using the citation link with Word most of the time. I see Mac users are having a problem but I am running Windows 7. Firefox tells me everything is OK but the Zotero logo is no longer appearing on the bar at the bottom of my browser screen.
  • There's no general issue with 18.0.2
    Start by running through these:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/no_status_bar_icon
  • I have tried running through everything at the link you pointed me to without success. Starting Zotero from Tools generates an error message 'There was an error starting Zotero.' and deleting the sqlite files and rebuilding has had no effect. I declined the Skype click to call link while doing this because there seemed to be some conflicts listed. I am using Zotero 3.0.13, which is working OK according to the Add-On Manager, although I don't completely trust this because it is also telling me that Lightning and Provider are not working, although my calendar is running fine. I will try downloading Zotero again and post the result but it does look like there is some problem here.
  • edited February 10, 2013
    http://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_bugs#reporting_startup_errors

As adamsmith said, there's no general problem, so if there's an issue it's likely something in your Firefox profile or interference by something else on your system. But if you can provide the underlying error we may be able to tell you more.
  • Reinstalling Zotero seems to have fixed the problem. However, I have pulled this message up from the console if it is of any help
    Timestamp: 10/02/2013 11:27:28
    Error: gBrowser.addProgressListener was called with a second argument, which is not supported. See bug 608628.
    Source File: chrome://browser/content/tabbrowser.xml
    Line: 1978
  • The same error here
    FF 18.0.2
    Z 3.0.13

I caught the same error as rwjdingwall, re-installing the same version of Z without de-instaling it, helped indeed.

Cheers,
    M
  • I had the same error, and rwjdingwall's solution worked for me as well. Deleting Firefox extension files did not. Thank you for the suggestions!

B