Copy citations into website with html links

I've searched -- and it just isn't apparent to me:

Does anyone have citation style (simple, standard) that includes standard html links to the webpage or journal location for the citation?

I'm creating a site and want to be able to copy my "sources" (currently in Zotero) onto the bottom so users can click them (those with links) to get to the original.

Thanks.
  • Let me guess _exactly_ what you are trying to accomplish. Please confirm that I am correct and answer my questions.

You have produced a bibliography using Zotero. You want to paste it at the bottom of a webpage that you developed so that viewers see the sources that you cite. -- You have successfully inserted your bibliography and the URLs for online sources display but they are not clickable links.

When you make changes to a page how do you do it? Do you directly hand-modify the html and code on the page file? Do you use a WYSIWYG program on your computer or online to make the changes?
  • If you're trying to do what DWL thinks you are -
    unfortunately that's currently not possible in Zotero directly, though he may have some workaround involving an html editor.
    We really should include live-links (or at least the possibility thereof) in HTML output. I thought we did that already.
  • DWL you are correct except it's simpler. I'm actually stuck at step 2 -- "successfully inserted your bibliography and the URLs for online sources" -- I'm still trying to get that output to insert.

I'm fully aware of the pitfalls of WYSIWY(sometimes)G editors and that battle. For this purpose I'm coding in straight HTML so all I need is to create a bibliography from selected items with output such that:

<ul>
    <li>item1 author, title, etc, <a href="link">example.com</a></li>
    <li>item2 author, title, etc, <a href="link">different.com</a></li>
    </ul>

I just can't seem to find a template to work from.
  • Just to be clear - it's easy enough to get URLs - it's the _linked_ URLs (i.e. the part) that aren't currently possible, at least not without some degree of tweaking.
    To get all URLs displayed, check the "include URLs" check box in the Cite--> Styles tab of the Zotero preferences.
  • I think I'm getting confused by "export" vs. "create bibliography" vs. 'ctrl-alt-c' and paste...

I guess I just need to be (re)directed to instructions on how to roll-my-own format for "create bibliography" from the selected items that I can copy to clipboard and paste where needed.

Sorry if this is an oft-asked question, I'm just not finding the answer.
  • Getting there... http://www.zotero.org/support/dev/citation_styles/style_editing_step-by-step
  • But I think I need an export format...
  • no, you don't want to do this with an export format.
    At this point I'm not quite sure how far you have gotten. Can you confirm that you understand and can follow everything I suggest?

If so, the best way forward would be to just create the live-links using - depending on your level of comfort - search & replace or a simple script. (something like replace "http://" with "<a href="link">http://"