Getting Started ~ which browser

I am planning to download Zotero. I have FF but prefer working in Safari. Is there any difference in functionality between Zotero for FF and Standalone with the Safari plug in? If there is, is it feasible to use both? (I've read the thread that discusses FF and Standalone, so this question focuses on Safari.)
  • if you've read the thread on FF vs. Standalone that really gives you all the relevant information.
    Generally Safari is slightly less reliable than Chrome working with Standalone, but minimally so.
    As, I believe, that thread should also describe, you can use both Standalone (with connectors for Safari, Chrome, as well as the bookmarklet for IE) and Zotero for Firefox together with no problems - they share a data directory by default - so there is no reason not to try it out.
  • Thanks for the prompt reply. I shall proceed to download Standalone + Safari and see how it goes.
  • Next question: for the Word plug-in to work do I need to uninstall the malfunctioning Endnote one? (I've already searched how to do that and drawn a blank.)
  • I don't think so - we don't test with Endnote installed, but I've seen people with both installed & working.