Using Zotero as a host server?

Is it possible to use Zotero as a host server? I would ideally like to upload an .html link but also house all the material associated with the link (essentially a built website) on Zotero. Adding a web page only relates to adding existing websites from what I understand. I would like to house the information in Zotero because it would therefore only be available to group library members and couldn't be accessed by the public. Any suggestions?
  • you can save entire webpages as snapshot in Zotero and they're accessible through Zotero storage - but if you want to run an actual site - with links and all - to run on Zotero that won't work.
  • Thanks. Do have any suggestions regarding where I could run an actual site with links to Zotero? Visitors would need to log in to access the site.
  • Zotero will only let people who have the rights to see items (i.e. members of a closed group for attachments) access them so you could use any webpage service you want - google, wordpress, what have you and wouldn't have to deal with logins there.
  • But if I were to create a google/wordpress site, wouldn't the public have access to it too? Thanks for your help.
  • to the site yes. To the Zotero items you link to, no - that requires log-in.
    If you want to manage a site with log-in you probably want to ask elsewhere for experiences and solutions.
  • edited March 21, 2013
    A bit late to chime in, but shouldn't it be possible to access the Zotero server via the API from the Wordpress site? Of course, there would be a lot of hacking involved to get the API calls right (and show all the entries present in Zotero), but in principle, it should be possible to develop a Wordpress (or any other CMS) plugin. If the amount of work necessary is justified by the gain you hope to have in your project is yours to decide, though.
  • probably. i wasn't aware of zotpress, thanks for pointing that out.
  • edited March 21, 2013
    (there's also a drupal plugin http://drupal.org/project/biblio_zotero )
    I didn't understand that to be Anisa's question, though I could have, of course, misunderstood. My understanding was that s/he wanted to host the actual website on the Zotero server and the api wouldn't help there.