displayed "undefined" before locator

Hi, (hope that's the right category for this problem)

my config.: Firefox 18; Zotero add-on 3.0.11; Word-Plugin 3.1.10

all styles (!) display within the citation an "undefined" before the locator, WHEN the locator-label (Term) IS NOT selected to "book", "page", "chapter", "paragraph", "part" and "section" (i.e. when locator-label = "verse" or "issue" and so on) AND ONLY when the choosen type is "bill".

e.g.: "BVerfG (2010), 1 BvL 1/09: Leitsätze zum Urteil des Ersten Senats vom 9. Februar 2010, Rn. undefined 3." (info: lang="de"; local-term "verse"=>"Rn.", Rn. means recital)

that error occurs only from Zotero-version 3.0.11 on!! (3.0.8 is running perfectly)

I guess there's something misled in the terms and the language-unit, perhaps only in german; but it occurs only for bills!?

thanks for helping, Berni
  • Thanks for reporting. This is almost certainly a bug in citeproc-js. I'll take a look, and with luck a fix will be in place for the upcoming 3.0.12 Zotero release.
  • I've put up a fresh processor release with a fix for this. It looks like the Zotero 3.0.12 release has not come out yet, so with luck this will make it in, and the problem will go away when your Zotero upgrades.
  • Thank you!

additional advices that could be helpful for fixing:

I do not know why, but since today (sometimes?) the citation of type="bill" displays the "issue"-variable (e.g. 12) before the locator-label ("Rn."), "undefined" and locator,

e.g.: "BVerfG (2010), 1 BvL 1/09: Leitsätze zum Urteil des Ersten Senats vom 9. Februar 2010, 12 Rn. undefined 3."

If i switch from that choosen "verse"-label to "page" or the other abovementioned labels, the english terms are displayed, though i use lang="de" and for "page" it should not label anything!

e.g.: "BVerfG (2010), 1 BvL 1/09: Leitsätze zum Urteil des Ersten Senats vom 9. Februar 2010, 12 p. 3."

allright, i wait for the next version. ciao, Berni
  • It would be good to test the new processor before release, to be sure that it works properly in your environment. The following plugin will swap a copy of the new processor into your existing Zotero. It has no other effect. If you could install it and let us know whether these bad effects go away, it would be very helpful:

http://gsl-nagoya-u.net/http/pub/zotero-processor.xpi
  • Hi (sorry for late answer):
    unfortunately the new processor within my firefox has some (same) errors, too.

If the type=bill AND a number is filled in the issue-field, the issue-value IS DISPLAYED before the ENGLISH label, e.g.:

"Deutscher Bundestag (2011), RBEG: Gesetz zur Ermittlung von Regelbedarfen und zur Änderung des Zweiten und Zwölften Buches Sozialgesetzbuch vom 24. März 2011, 12 vrs. 2." (issue-variable=12, label=verse=2).

If the issue-field has no value and you choose label=(folio, issue, sub-verbo) the "undefined" occurs again. (but that could cause my code: I don't use/define these (local)labels for that type!)

But for luck - one error is fixed (i think):
    The label=verse etc. works perfectly now, IF the issue-field has no value like that example (it's the same of the comment above):

"BVerfG (2010), 1 BvL 1/09: Leitsätze zum Urteil des Ersten Senats vom 9. Februar 2010, Rn. 2."

I'm not sure whether these things are helpful again.
    Ciao, Berni
  • Correction:
    "If the issue-field has no value and you choose label=(folio, issue, sub-verbo) the "undefined" occurs again. (but that could cause my code: I don't use/define these (local)labels for that type!)"

The "undefined" occurs in all other (official) styles, too!

ciao, Berni
  • I've tried to reproduce this from your descriptions without success. Can you export the item data as Zotero RDF or Bibliontology RDF, paste the content to http://gist.github.com, save it as a "public gist", and post the URL back here?
  • Hi,

here is the link to the gist:

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/5012822

It's the item (ZOTERO-RDF) exactly for the 1st example of my second last comment.

ciao, Berni
  • I can reproduce the error -- it's caused by a value on the "section" variable (not "issue"). In addition, it looks like some code that should be disabled by default has not been properly masked. I'll look at these issues today and get out a fix. Thanks for reporting this fault.
  • There were faults of two kinds. First, the processor was failing to interpret the locator labels that you indicated (folio, issue, sub-verbo, and also book) on the legal item types. This has now been fixed.

The second issue is more complicated. Multilingual Zotero (MLZ) allows the locator to be set in the "Section" field, and rendered through the "locator" variable in CSL styles. This behaviour is used in MLZ to provide better support for statutory material. It was not fully disabled for mainstream Zotero. I've just fixed that.

If you update the processor patch plugin, things should work as expected now.
  • Hi,

thank you! All things are working perfectly now!

You were right: Sorry, I mixed the terms "issue" and "section" in my error-description - perhaps because the journals have actually a variable "issue" what in german means almost the same as "section" But no panic: the translation in german-Zotero is rightly different! Also in my style-code I used the right variable-terms! So only here I made that mistake!

Think, we can successfully close this thread!

Maybe we will meet again. There are some other questions/improvement-proposals, but not for that problem.

Ciao, berni
  • Excellent. I'm very happy to hear that the fix has worked properly for you.
  • Hi fbennett, can you say me when your bug fixes for my problems will be in a new version of zotero. Because, today i recognised, the actual version 3.014 don't have the fixes. I know, it's no problem, in the meantime i use your "gadget". thanks
  • Zotero 4.0 which includes that patch will be out by April 2nd.