|data.syncModTime| not set

Hi

can anybody help me with this problem?

It occurs any time I sync on one of the two machines that I am using. I had some problems uploading files to WebDAV using the ZotPad beta. It seems to affect all file syncing, i.e. Zotero on this machine cannot find file that I have recently added or changed on the other machine.

Thank you.
J

Report ID: 1123155127
Debug ID: D175268077

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'|data.syncModTime| not set in Zotero.Sync.Storage.processDownload()' when calling method: [nsIWebProgressListener::onStateChange]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]

[JavaScript Error: "|data.syncModTime| not set in Zotero.Sync.Storage.processDownload()" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync.js" line: 895}]
  • edited February 3, 2013
    This was caused by ZotPad, I would imagine. Zotero expects a valid file modification time to be saved on the server, but it's empty ("<mtime>0</mtime>"):

(3)(+0000000): HTTP GET http://****:****@****:81/zotero/F5T22QVF.prop

(3)(+0000002): No remaining requests in upload queue (1 active, 0 finished)

(3)(+0000111): <properties version="1">
    <mtime>0</mtime>
    <hash>1db1e8ec3fac54a511f5504fda35be31</hash>
    </properties>

At least for this particular problem, you can probably fix it by deleting that file and its accompanying ZIP file, though it's certainly possible it affected other files as well. (If you don't want to delete the file, you could also fix it by editing the .prop file to include a proper mod time (e.g., "1359889354160" for right now).)

(Even if it didn't cause this, Zotero should probably be more accepting here, since it's not impossible for OSes to report invalid file mod times that could make their way to the WebDAV server. A few other people have reported this in the past, pre-ZotPad.)
  • This is a bug in the beta build of ZotPad and it has been now fixed in the development version.
  • Hi

I fixed this .prop file (and others affected) by including a mod time. Now when syncing Zotero crashes with KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Johannes
  • edited February 4, 2013
    I had the exactly same issue when I was troubleshooting this ZotPad bug on Firefox 18 on OS X 10.8.2.

The problem is caused by a zip file that contains entries with empty filenames. There are three ways to recover from this:

1) Do a restore to Zotero server from Zotero preferences
    2) Delete the problematic files on the WebDAV server
    3) Fix the problematic files

The problematic zip files will match the problematic prop files. If you double click a problematic file, it does not open so that is one way to test this.

Fixing the files is possible, but this becomes quite tricky to do because the file names are encoded. One way to do this is to wait for the next ZotPad build and then use that to reupload the broken files. Please contact ZotPad support if you want to do this third option and I can make a new build for you. (I want to do a few more things before releasing the next build for everyone.)
  • Hi

thanks. I deleted the corresponding zip files on the server. Now I get a sync error.
    Any ideas?

Maybe it would be better to do a restore to server?

J
  • I would do the reset to server. If you need help sorting this out, you can also contact ZotPad support.