Lyx/Kile integration for Windows?

HI! The Zotero plugin for Lyx (http://groups.google.com/group/zotero-dev/browse_thread/thread/ce70e58730b1dd3d/24ff076ccf8e41b4#24ff076ccf8e41b4)
relies on the lyxpipe which does not work in Windows (I might be worng!). Is their another possibility? Can I configure Lyx and Zotero in a way so that the plugin works under windows? Are their alternatives?

Thanks!

ps: I might switch to mac sometime in the future. Does the plugin works on this platform?
  • AFAIK, the windows version of LyX has no server equivalent to the server that is in the *nix version. You must first "Insert->List & TOC->BibTeX Reference" & point it at a BibTeX file you export from Zotero and use the LyX-based "Insert > Citation..."

This should be the same as JabRef & other bibtex-specific reference managers for windows (so you might watch what happens with those tools to see if there is ever better integration).

Zotero is developed and works on the Mac. I can't vouch for LyX support on the Mac, but it should work (since there is a lyxpipe).
  • I have also run up against this limitation for LyX windows users, and I guess we will have to live with it or switch to linux to use lyxpipe - it is the same thing with JabRef.

I'm a new user of zotero and a relatively new user of LyX. I am trying to develop a reliable suite of tools for my academic writing to replace MS-Word and Endnote that will be reliable and future-proof and working with LyX, JabRef and zotero seems to me a good solution, even for windows users. My only reluctance in making the change is that my organisation and colleagues use the other products exclusively, making collaborative writing tasks difficult.