problems with syncing using two different PCs

Sorry if this question was already answered but all the scenarios I looked up did not seem to address my issue. My computer crashed and unfortunately I had not synced this with my online database for two years. I had some data online so I "downloaded" this data onto my new computer. I was lucky and got my computer that had crashed fixed up. Now the local zotero library on the old computer is double the size and now I want to replace what is online with what I have on this old computer. I open up my old library and can see everything but when I sync the popup I get states that I can choose the "remote object" (that's the stuff online) or I can pick the "local object". Problem is that under "local object" it states that this is deleted. But I can see all 871 of my files in my library and I recently purchased 6GB of space on the server so Im guessing there is room. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanka
aek
  • I don't totally follow this, but if your data is correct in one place, you can use the Restore options in the Sync->Reset pane to restore to or from the server. If you have the data as you want it locally, I'd recommend making a backup of your entire Zotero data directory first to be safe.