Zotero does not start with Firefox

After using it for quite a long time,
Zotero 3.0.11 does not start up on Firefox 18.01
on Ubuntu 10.04
This is my error report. Thanks
Agus

Debug output has been sent to the Zotero server.
The Debug ID is D1711170311.

1359537795817 Sync.Engine.Tabs WARN DATA LOSS: Both local and remote changes to record: Obr8OLDdiqso

[JavaScript Error: "NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE: Component returned failure code: 0x80570016 (NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE) [nsIJSCID.getService]" {file: "chrome://abbreviations-for-zotero/content/overlay.js" line: 4}]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x8052000e (NS_ERROR_FILE_IS_LOCKED) [mozIStorageConnection.executeSimpleSQL]" nsresult: "0x8052000e (NS_ERROR_FILE_IS_LOCKED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 1003" data: no]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js" line: 1011}]

[JavaScript Error: "this.editor is null" {file: "chrome://browser/content/urlbarBindings.xml" line: 159}]

[JavaScript Error: "this.editor is null" {file: "chrome://browser/content/urlbarBindings.xml" line: 159}]

[JavaScript Error: "The character encoding of the plain text document was not declared. The document will render with garbled text in some browser configurations if the document contains characters from outside the US-ASCII range. The character encoding of the file needs to be declared in the transfer protocol or file needs to use a byte order mark as an encoding signature." {file: "zotero://debug/" line: 0}]

version => 3.0.11, platform => Linux x86_64, oscpu => Linux x86_64, locale => en-US, appName => Firefox, appVersion => 18.0.1

=========================================================

(4)(+0000000): Registering observer for [collection,search,share,group,trash,bucket] in notifier with hash C3'

(4)(+0006033): Unregistering observer in notifier with hash 'C3'

(4)(+0013530): Registering observer for [collection,search,share,group,trash,bucket] in notifier with hash J0'
  • [JavaScript Error: "NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE: Component returned failure code: 0x80570016 (NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE) [nsIJSCID.getService]" {file: "chrome://abbreviations-for-zotero/content/overlay.js" line: 4}]
    Try disabling the "abbreviations-for-zotero" extension and restart Firefox.
  • I do not think I have that extension, I just see Zotero and
    the plugin for LibreOffice.
    Anyway, It has worked the second time I started Firefox
    Agus
  • You definitely had that extension installed if you were getting that error message, but glad to hear things are working now.
  • I understand this is off-topic, but where can I see that I have that
    extension? Is not listed
    by Firefox in the Extensions tab, just see Zotero and the Libre Office plugin.
    Thanks for your help!
    Agus
  • Today I had this Firefox error (related to Zotero) at starting up,
    but Zotero works:
    A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete

Script: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js:153

I selected stop.

Agus
  • but where can I see that I have that extension? Is not listed by Firefox in the Extensions tab, just see Zotero and the Libre Office plugin.
    You can check the "extensions" directory of your Firefox profile.
  • The abbreviations plugin was set to disable itself on your version of Firefox. I've updated it, so if you need the plugin it should install and run now.
  • Therefore this is not causing the problem, right?
  • for the new error:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/unresponsive_script_warning