Style request: Applied Mechanics Review

Close match: Applied Mechanics Review
Campbell J. L., and Pedersen O. K., 2007, “The varieties of capitalism and hybrid success,” Comp. Polit. Stud., 40(3), pp. 307–332.

Differences:
1. Comma after author's surname
2. No space between author's initials
3. No comma before and
4. Period after last initial and before year of publication
5. Period after year of publication
6. No quotes around Title
7. Period after Title
8. Complete title of journal (no abbreviations)
9. Period but remove comma after journal name
10. Journal volume followed by journal issue in brackets followed by colon
11. remove pp. and write page numbers with small dash between the lowest and highest
12. period after page number
13. doi after page numbers

It should look like this:
Campbell, J.L. and Pedersen O.K. 2007. The varieties of capitalism and hybrid success. Comparative Political Studies. 40(3): 307-332. 10.1177/0010414006286542
  • I'm confused - for which journal is this?
    The style I'm seeing in Applied Mechanics Reviews is like the one above, i.e. the one already on the repository.
    If that's not correct, what do you base that on? Is there a style guide?
  • Thanks for considering my request. I am working on the Bycatch Mitigation Measures Information System (BMIS), a central repository of information on the mitigation and management of bycatch in oceanic tuna and billfish fisheries in the Western and Central Pacific Ocean. The website is http://bmis.wcpfc.int/. We want to use Zotero citations to make efficiencies for entries into BMIS. We already have a set citation style in BMIS so we would like to be able to create a citation list from Zotero as close to it as possible. The Applied Mechanics is close but punctuation and complete title of journal and inclusion of doi are main differences. Do you think it is possible to make these changes in CSL? I will ask my colleague if there is a style guide.
  • none of these changes are particularly hard to make - you could have a stab at it yourself using the visual editor we provide.

Given the amount of styles that already exist, the demands on our/my time and the existence of the visual editor, I typically only edit new styles for major style manuals or journals, though I and several others will be happy to help you with specific questions on editing.

(Me and others do occasionally edit styles for pay, though with the visual editor it really shouldn't be necessary to go that way unless you have much more money than time).
  • Thanks for your help, will see if I can figure out the visual editor.