Error changing Private group Library Settings

Hello,

I have set up a Private group and have tried to change the group's Library Settings to permit "any group member" to edit the library or edit files. Each time I try this I get an error message that reads "There was a problem saving your settings.". I am not able to see any further information, so I am not sure why this is failing - is it the intended behaviour for Private groups that only admins should be able to edit the library, or is there actually an error here?

Let me know if there's any further information I should post to help diagnose the problem.

Thanks in advance,
Jim
  • certainly not intended behavior. fcheslack will probably have to look into your problem - have you tried using a different browser?
  • As adamsmith says, this is a bug.
    Can you try making sure library reading is set to "any group member" as well as changing the editing permissions? That setting doesn't actually apply to private groups, but it may be causing a problem here.
  • Thanks - setting the library reading setting you mention seems to have done the trick. I hadn't even noticed it before as it was set to "Anyone on the internet", but greyed out.

Many thanks,
    Jim
  • I am attempting to change a private group to a closed public group and getting the same error, problem saving settings. I am an admin and not owner, but according to the website Admin should have privileges to change the public/private setting. I tried the solution discussed above and it did not work for me. Any other ideas?