Screen refresh when moving add citations window in Ubuntu/OO2.4

in 1.0.3.R2570 with Ubuntu (7.1) and OO 2.4, I am getting odd screen artifacts when I try to move the "add citations" window. Essentially when I move the "add citation window" I get something that looks akin to what Windows does when it completes a solitaire game: a series of semi-overlapping windows showing the direction of movement of the main window. It quickly makes the screen unreadable, of course. All the artifacts go away when I kill the Add Citation window.

This is a new behaviour for Zotero, and is not associated with major changes in O/S or OpenOffice. I did commit some updates in the last few days, and these would have been normal Ubuntu updates... I have to admit I didn't look closely.

I can send along a screen shot if someone wants.

P.S. I would like to adjust the size of the "Add Citations" window so that I can always see the author without having to adjust columns/window size. Could this be added to the wish list?

Thanks Zotero!
  • A few more details may be useful.

The problem exists on a dual-head display and the problem typically occurs when the Add Citation window is overtop of the OpenOffice Window. When I move the Add Citation window to the other window/monitor (usually displaying Firefox), the problem remains on the OO window, but does not follow on to the Firefox window.

The problem is not monitor-specific, as it occurs on both the left and right monitors, but always overtop of OO.

So, perhaps the problem is in the video drivers for my system (NVIDIA), but perhaps the additional information will be helpful to those who understand these things.

Thank you in advance.