Firefox 18.0 and Zotero 3.0.11: database upgrade error?

Yesterday I was upgrading Firefox to 18.0 and I got a Zotero 3.0.11 " database upgrade error" and was not able to repair it with included functions.
Is this really connected to Firefox 18.0 incompatibility (have to wait until updated Zotero is released) or do I have to search fo another error specifically occured in my system.
  • edited January 9, 2013
    Zotero is compatible with Firefox 18.

    Can you provide a Debug ID for the Firefox startup, using the "Enable after restart" option? Clicking Reset Translators and Styles from the Advanced pane of the Zotero preferences might fix this, but a Debug ID first would be helpful.
  • edited January 9, 2013
    Debug output has been sent to the Zotero server.
    The Debug ID is D526353955.

    I forgot to say, that I use Portable Firefox (but had no problems in the last year with it.
    Here is what I can see "stripped" of some private and probably uninformative lines:

    Could not read chrome manifest 'file:///D:/.../Firefox/App/firefox/extensions/%7B972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd%7D/chrome.manifest'.
    version => 3.0.11, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 6.1, locale => de-DE, appName => Firefox, appVersion => 18.0


    (3)(+0000000): Using data directory D:\...\Quellen_Zotero

    (3)(+0000001): Loading in full mode

    (3)(+0000000): Opening database 'zotero'

    (1)(+0000001): Database file 'zotero.sqlite' corrupted

    (1)(+0000000): Saving damaged DB file with .damaged extension

    (1)(+0000008): Restoring database 'zotero' from backup file

    (1)(+0000089): Database restored

    (3)(+0000001): alert() is deprecated from Zotero XPCOM

    (5)(+0001935): PRAGMA locking_mode=EXCLUSIVE

    (3)(+0000003): pdftotext version 3.02 registered at D:\...\Quellen_Zotero\pdftotext-Win32.exe

    (3)(+0000001): pdfinfo version 3.02 registered at D:\...\Quellen_Zotero\pdfinfo-Win32.exe

    (5)(+0000001): SELECT version FROM version WHERE schema='userdata'

    (5)(+0000001): Beginning DB transaction

    (3)(+0000001): Beginning Notifier event queue

    (5)(+0000000): SELECT version FROM version WHERE schema='system'

    (3)(+0000001): Updating custom tables

    (5)(+0000000): DELETE FROM itemTypesCombined

    (5)(+0000000): DELETE FROM fieldsCombined

    (5)(+0000001): DELETE FROM itemTypeFieldsCombined

    (3)(+0001332): [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x8052000b (NS_ERROR_FILE_CORRUPTED) [mozIStorageConnection.executeSimpleSQL]" nsresult: "0x8052000b (NS_ERROR_FILE_CORRUPTED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 149" data: no] [QUERY: DELETE FROM itemTypeFieldsCombined] [ERROR: database disk image is malformed]

    (5)(+0000000): Rolling back transaction

    (3)(+0000078): Resetting Notifier event queue

    (3)(+0000000): Initialized in 3626 ms

    (3)(+0017664): Getting Zotero sync password

    (5)(+0004709): SELECT COUNT(*) FROM fulltextItems WHERE (indexedPages IS NOT NULL AND indexedPages=totalPages) OR (indexedChars IS NOT NULL AND indexedChars=totalChars)

    (5)(+0000000): SELECT COUNT(*) FROM fulltextItems WHERE (indexedPages IS NOT NULL AND indexedPages<totalPages) OR (indexedChars IS NOT NULL AND indexedChars<totalChars)

    (5)(+0000000): SELECT COUNT(*) FROM itemAttachments WHERE itemID NOT IN (SELECT itemID FROM fulltextItems WHERE indexedPages IS NOT NULL OR indexedChars IS NOT NULL)

    (5)(+0000001): SELECT COUNT(*) FROM fulltextWords

    (3)(+0000265): Cached 37 styles in 58 ms
  • Your database is corrupted. You can try the DB Repair Tool.
  • edited January 9, 2013
    Thanks. Doing the repair I was able to restart Firefox without error and access again Zotero. As far as I see everything is there.
    Still not sure what corrupted the database in this Firefox update.

    Looking forward to use zotero in my next publishing.
    Good work and research to you all!
  • It was quite possibly corrupted before the upgrade. (The last automatic backup was also corrupted.)
  • Possibly it was a Windows update and/or filesystem crash problem, because a chkdsk on the next reboot was performed (I seldomly reboot because I use hibernation). Strange thing.
  • I had the (same?) problem caused probably by an unsuccessful update from Firefox 19.0.2 to 20.0: DB Repair Tool did not go well. After Firefox update I used then the oldest zotero.sqlite.bak.1 file and did overwrite it to zotero.sqlite.bak and zotero.sqlite
    Restarting Firefox everything seems ok now. If everyone registers similar problems, please report here.
  • edited April 4, 2013
    If this happened when you upgraded to Firefox 20, it likely didn't have anything to do with the database—you probably just still had Zotero 3.0, which doesn't work with Firefox 20. Restarting Firefox could have triggered the upgrade to Zotero 4.0.
  • I can't deny or confirm this, because I haven't noted any Add-on update; now Zotero 4.0.2 is active.
Sign In or Register to comment.