Zotero changing language of Word document

I can't imagine that this issue has not been raised before, but I have searched the Zotero site and not found an answer. My problem is this: I use Zotero (both in Firefox and standalone) on a Mac, together with Word for Mac with the Zotero integration. My Word files are set to use UK English. My Firefox also has the default language set to UK English. Nevertheless, any Word file in which I use Zotero references will automatically have its language changed to US English every time I add a new reference. I tried looking into the language locales in Zotero itself, but it seems to have only an EN-US setting and not an EN-UK setting. But why as a result of this does the language of my whole Word document get changed all the time?
  • Update: Zotero does not change the language in the Word document as such. That problem turned out to be caused by some of my style settings in Word. However, because Zotero does not have an en-UK locale setting, footnotes (including text written in footnotes that contain Zotero references) always end up in en-US, resulting in unnecessary spelling check warnings, wrong automatic "corrections," and so on. Would be useful to have an en-UK locale available in Zotero.
  • Zotero has an en-GB setting, though I'm not sure that affects the language set in Word.
  • Thanks, Adam. I did not see en-GB in the chrome manifest, though?

It's a bit of a mystery by now. Looks like Word somehow always defaults to en-US in footnotes, even without inserting Zotero references, and even though all my style settings are now correct. In the end it's probably a Word problem and not a Zotero problem at all.