Note too long -- can't identify note

Hi! I have another note too long error, but this one pulls up dozens of notes, none of them recent, so I'm not able to figure out which one to delet.

It reads:
Note '<h1 id="firstHeading" class="firstHeading" style="color: black; background-imag...' too long

Error message #1973543928

Thanks!
Jo
  • If you try again you should get an error that includes the item key. Copy and paste that item key into the Zotero search box and it should display the item in question.
  • hmm. after deleting a bunch of files, i get these two errors, one location unknown, and one file (chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync.js) that doesn't turn up in a search!

what next?

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Note '<h1 id="firstHeading" class="firstHeading" style="color: black; background-imag...' too long' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]

[JavaScript Error: "Note '<h1 id="firstHeading" class="firstHeading" style="color: black; background-imag...' too long" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync.js" line: 895}]
  • Do you mean that those are what you see when you click "Report Errors"? You don't need to look at those messages at all—they're not intended for end users. You should be getting a different message in the sync error dialog itself—like the one you provided in your first post above, but with an eight-character item key at the end.
  • To be clear, you should see a message like this:
    Note 'This is a long note…' too long for item 'ABCD2345'
    Copy and paste whatever you see for 'ABCD2345' (without quotes) into your Zotero search bar and you should see the note in question, unless it's in the trash or in a different library.
  • got it! thanks so much!