folders not consistent across toggle tab modes

Hello -

I use Zotero 3.0.11 in Firefox 17.0.1, but I have been having the following problem for some time and with previous versions.

I frequently toggle between the full screen tab view (where the Zotero pane is one of several full tabs in the Firefox window) and the partial screen view (where the Zotero pane is below the open tab in Firefox). Often I use the full screen view to organize folders and navigate to the folder where I want to store a new item. Then I toggle the tab view so that I can use the icon in the address bar to import a citation to Zotero.

The problem is that when I toggle between the tab views, the folders do not remain consistent. For example, I have folder A open in the partial screen view. Then I toggle to full screen, close folder A and open folder B (where I want to import a new citation). When I toggle back to partial screen view, I want folder B to remain open, but Zotero returns me to folder A.

The problem is that it is often difficult to navigate my many folders in the partial screen view. I want the folders to remain consistent across the toggle modes. Is this possible? Is there a control for this? Am I experiencing a bug or was the program designed this way for some reason?

thank you

Rich
  • Strange: I can't reproduce this. If you provide a report ID, a dev might help.
    (btw, Zotero "collections" are not "folders").
  • Thanks for the reply. My bad on the nomenclature.

I'm experiencing the issue in my current session and I've generated this report ID: 34241696