can't drag refs from middle pane into collections

Hi,
I have recently become unable to drag references from the middle pane over to my collections. When I attempt to drag, nothing happens. I don't see the "plus" cursor sign when I am over the collection folder, I don't see the "no access" cursor sign at all. Nothing happens; the references simply don't move.
In the event that this can't be resolved--and just out of curiosity--is there another way to move references from one collection to another? I know that I can input new references directly into the collection of my choice, but that 's not what I need to do.

Many thanks in advance for your advice!
I am using Windows XP and Firefox 2.0.0.13

Thank you!
  • http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/1965/drag-cite-problem/
  • Hi,
    Thanks for your quick reply, but this doesn't seem to address my problem, which is not about dragging citations to external locations.
    My problem is that I can't add references to my collections (by dragging them from the middle pane). My apologies if I am missing something relevant in the other thread you posted as your reply. Perhaps I just don't understand? Sorry.
    Many thanks again.
  • Did you try it?
  • It would have been really nice if you had just added a couple of words of encouragement to your original reply, such as "this might not sound like your problem, but try the same solution."
    Your help is of course appreciated, but your demeanor in this thread is very unwelcoming. Please remember that you are working with a public that is not necessarily as self-assured around computers as you are. Why not be a little friendlier?
    Thank you.
  • spike--try it, it is a solution relevant to your problem
  • Zotero developers and community members spend a great deal of time carefully reading and responding to forum posts, and in no way should you read anything into a short response other than that it's a short response. And indeed, if you search the forums, you'll see that your very question has been patiently answered many times before and even in a virtually identical fashion. We hope that you'll continue to enjoy Zotero and to participate in these forums.